License Plate and Registration Renewals
All motor vehicles and trailers owned or operated by Colorado residents must be registered.
As a courtesy to our residents, the Department of Revenue will mail out renewal notices for currently registered vehicles. Plates can be renewed either by mail, online, or in person at our office.
Your renewal is due the last business day of the month of your original registration. There is a grace period: you may register up to the last business day of the following month. If registration is paid after grace period, additional fees will be charged.
To renew by mail
- Verify the information on the renewal notice
- If you have moved out of Phillips County, contact your new county of residence
- If you have moved to Phillips County from another Colorado County your fees may differ, please contact our office for the correct fees. Please be prepared to provide your license plate number, vehicle information and new Phillips County address.
- Include proof of insurance
- Make check payable to Phillips County Clerk
- Make sure check is signed
- Please include your Driver’s License number and phone number on your check
- Mail to Phillips County Clerk and Recorder, 221 S Interocean Ave, Holyoke, CO 80734.
- If received after the one month grace period, the fees will differ and the renewal will be returned to you
To renew at one of our office
- Bring your renewal notice or vehicle registration and proof of insurance
- We accept cash or check made payable to Phillips County Clerk
- Credit and Debit cards are accepted, there is a 2.7% portal fee
To renew online
- Logon to Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles
- You will need your license plate number
- A credit card or checking account information, fees apply
- A valid email address
Motor Vehicle Title
- If there will be more than one owner on title, then a Joint Tenancy Form DR 2395 needs to signed and submitted with other title paperwork.
- To title a vehicle, one of the owners must be present with secure and identifiable ID.
- If the owner or one of the owners is unable to be present, they can give POA to someone else to do the transaction for them. Power of Attorney for Motor Vehicle Only Form DR 2175
- If the face of the title reads "REBUILT FROM SALVAGE" then you must have Rebuilt From Salvage Disclosure Form DR 2710.
- Sales tax must be collected
- Issued for up to 60 days from purchase date
- Secure and verifiable ID required
- One of the owners must be present
- If one of the owners can't be present, then a Power of Attorney for Motor Vehicle Only Form DR 2175 is required.
- Available up to 60 days past purchase date.
- Sales tax has to be paid
- Cost of permit is $7.22, plus all sales tax