Recording Documents


recording documents

To view recorded records from February 1997 to current

click   Recorded records from FEB 1997 to current

If you need a copy of the document, call 970-854-3131
Or email:

Responsibilities of the Recording Department

This department is responsible for processing and preserving documents presented for recording as public record. Permanent record is kept on microfilm and optical images. All records are open to the public and certified copies of any document of record are available for a fee. Included in the records, real estate records, UCC records, military discharges, maps and plats, torrens, certificates of title, and marriage licenses.

Recording fees are statutory established and all fees will be collected at the time of recording the document. In order for documents to be recorded promptly, please make sure fees are correct and accurate. All documents received with insufficient fees will be returned.

Effective January 1, 2017 - Fees are $13.00 for the first page and $5.00 for each additional page pertaining to the document. Document that transfers title with consideration exceeding $500.00 will be assessed a state documentary fee of 0.01 cent per $100.00.

Personal checks and cash will be accepted. We do not accept credit cards.

The return address needs to be complete and accurate. (To whom the original document should be returned after recording) No return envelope is required, but is appreciated!



Please make sure the quality of the document and text is legible. Documents with poor quality produce poor public records.

  • Document Margins – Colorado Law (CRS 30-10-406(3)(a) requires all documents have a top and bottom margin of at least one inch and a left and right margin of at least ½ inch. The recorder may refuse to file any documents that do not meet these standards.
  • Deeds – Colorado Law (CRS 38-35-109(2)) requires all deeds need notation of the legal mailing address for the grantee. This address is used to determine where tax statements should be mailed after the property is transferred.

To submit documents, please send to:

Phillips Clerk and Recorder
221 S Interocean Ave
Holyoke, CO 80734