Driver's License

Drivers License Hours:

Drivers License is open 9:00am - 1:00pm, Monday - Friday, for renewals and IDs.
By appointment only for Drive Tests and Written Tests.
Please call (970) 854-3131 to schedule an appointment.


Effective April 2016

This office issues Driver's Licenses, Instruction Permits, Commercial Driver's Licenses and Identification Cards to Colorado residents.This office does not issue reinstatements. The state requires proof that you are lawfully present in the US and are able to operate a motor vehicle safely (if applying for a license).

If you are getting a Colorado Identification Card, Driver’s License or Permit for the first time or you are transferring from another state you must bring in the following documents:

* State issued Birth Certificate. Cannot be a copy. Document must have scan features.

* Social Security Card. Must be the original. Cannot be a copy or laminated.

* Two forms of your address. Must show your name and your address. You can use a transcript from school, a letter from the school, pay stub, bank account, bill, any piece of mail that has been post marked within the last 12 months, or if you are under 21 and live with a parent you can use parents ID as form of address.

* If you are under 21, you must bring a parent or a legal guardian to sign documentation. Such person must have a valid Colorado driver’s license if you are obtaining a permit or a valid State issued Identification card if you are obtaining an Identification Card. If someone is your legal guardian, you must show court document stating the fact.

If you are changing your name, you must first change your name on your Social Security card. You can go to either North Platte, Nebraska or Greeley, Colorado to change Social Security card, see information below.

If you have lost your Social Security Card you can call 1-800-772-1213 or visit the following locations:

Social Security Office
5400 West 11th Ave, Suite A
Greeley, CO 80634


Social Security Office
300 E. 3rd Street, Room 204
North Platte, NE 69101


If you have lost your State issued birth certificate contact the Northeast Health Department at 877-795-0646.

*EFFECTIVE October 1, 2012*

All persons living outside Phillips County wishing to obtain a driver's license at this office will be charged an additional $20.